Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Auf Wiedersehen Herbst


It is finally time to say so long to Fall. Winter has arrived in Berlin in definite, resounding fashion complete with single digit temperatures (Celsius, of course), thick blankets of clouds and a persistent daily wind. While I welcome this season of snuggly scarves, woolly mittens, hot cocoa and, above all, evening strolls through Christmas markets with a steaming mug of Glühwein, I am still sad to see the beautiful foliage fall from the trees. 
Two weekends ago my new friend Kelsey and I took a final stroll through Berlin's equivalent of Central Park, the Tiergarten. We breathed in the crisp fall air, crunched through fallen leaves and reveled in Fall's last precious waining moments. I also use this as a time to reflect on my first two months in Berlin, my experiences thus far and all that I have learned. The time has absolutely flown by and yet at the same time I feel a level of comfort here as though I've been here for ages. 
In any case, here are the last few moments of Berlin's fall as captured by my camera. Time to bundle up and welcome winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment